My First Craft Fair and What I Learned

8:39 PM



I FINALLY DID IT! I participated in my first craft fair. I am pretty proud of myself for really putting myself out there this past year. I have to admit it was really intimidating and I doubted myself and my work often but it was a huge success. I loved it so much that I did another last minute craft fair just four days later. Here's a couple of things I learned...

1. It only takes one person to make your day worth it.
I had two sisters come up to my booth and just point at my display and say "I want that, that and that" trying to beat the other on the one-of-a-kind items. I felt like a million bucks that they loved my products and work that much. I am kind of scared that if I do another craft fair that I won't be lucky enough to have cute sisters like them to make my day worth it.

2. Have fun.
Stand up, talk to people, give people compliments as they walk by. They don't have to buy something to make it worth it. It is great just to meet new people and hear their stories. People usually take a closer look at items when you are talking to them and you are more approachable.

3. Advertise Good Prices
I had the cutest stuff for as cheap as $2, but at my first fair it wasn't clearly labeled and I noticed that people didn't want to ask how much ANYTHING was. So at the second fair I clearly labeled things and had a huge sign that said Gifts $2-$5. It brought more curious people to my table and helped me make sales.

4. Make Display Obvious To What I Sell
Unfortunately I didn't realize this until the end of my second craft fair but I went strolling to say hello to a fellow crafter. As I was talking to her and her neighbor, they asked what I was selling and I turned to my table and from across the room, it was hard to know what it was I was selling. I think some big signs or banners that said cards, banners, gifts, gift boxes, etc. IDK. Maybe I really need to think about what it is I sell. I kind of sell everything. So I should probably narrow it down and work a little on my table display.

All that said, let me show off some of the really cute things I sold.

"JINGLE BELLS" BANNER
CHOCOLATE TABLE FAVORS
POM-POM BANNERS

TREE SLICE ORNAMENTS, PUN SOAP GIFT BAGS, GIFT BOXES

"JOY" MEDALION BANNER

 

CHOCOLATE GIFT BAGS and CUSTOM ORNAMENTS

POM-POM Bookmarks Attached to Diamond and Camera Shaped Paper Clips With Cute Sayings


Cute Array of PUNtastic Drink Gifts- I'll post free printables for these when I get the chance!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts