No Sew T-Shirt Market Bag

3:14 PM


Living in a more liberal part of Colorado has influenced me for good in various ways. Most recently? I am more environmentally conscious. I see everyone with their reusable market bags and I admire this small effort to cut back on trash and waste. But I also see how nice it is to fit more groceries in one bag. Especially since our condo is a short hike from the garage… it means less hauling back and forth.
So, when I found DIY market bags pinned on Pinterest I was intrigued. I was even more intrigued when I saw some made out of T-shirts. I have T-shirts at my house flowing like milk and honey. My husband collects them. His most recent collection was acquired from the basement of the bank he works for. We live in a tourist town that hosts a wonderful summer festival called Strawberry Days. The bank sponsers the 5k event of the festival and provides the Tshirts. SO! My husband brought a tshirt home from each of the 5 past years. I love the colors and thought it was a nice local touch that I can bring to the grocery store as well as our local farmer’s market on Tuesdays!
So, let’s learn how to make this simple T-SHIRT Market Bag. It should only take you 10 minutes!
SUPPLIES
Scissors
T-shirt- ANY size will work (I used an X-Large so I can store more in it!)
 INSTRUCTIONS
1.FOLD AND CUT KNECKLINEIMG_20160712_090835
2. CUT OUT SLEEVES
IMG_20160712_090913
3. PULL EDGES OUTWARD FROM BOTH SIDES TO SMOOTH LINES
4. CUT OFF BOTTOM HEM
IMG_20160712_091228
5. CUT FRINGES ON BOTTOM
I tried a Quarter inch and 1 inch and preferred the smaller
IMG_20160712_091621
6. LAY THE SHIRT FLAT (NO FOLD) AND TIE THE FRINGES
IMG_20160712_092256
7. REMEMBER IT AT THE STORE
SERIOUSLY! The same day I finished these bags, I forgot to take mine out of the trunk of the car before my grocery trip. I remembered when I walked up to check out and I was so bummed. I decided to transfer my groceries from the plastic bags to my new bags and I fell in love. It holds a ton and I can throw it over my shoulder so I can still use my hands to wrangle my crazy boys inside.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts